Nov 29, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Black Friday door-buster deals! An outfielder for a mere $700k!
— BHSC (@BHSCouncil) November 29, 2013
Baxter was claimed by the Dodgers off waivers from the Mets in October. He was arbitration eligible for the first time as a super two. He showed a lot of promise in 2011 and 2012, posting a .363 OBP in 251 plate appearances. In 2013 he was pretty terrible, though, batting .189 and posting an OBP of .303.
He’s worth a $700K gamble, however, especially if the Dodgers either trade and outfielder or, as has been the case much of the past couple of seasons, they need a one or two hundred plate appearances from a reserve to cover for Matt Kemp or Carl Crawford injuries.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)