Nov 29, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a great story about Mike Roberts, the Cardinals’ special assistant of amateur scouting, who happens to be the team’s longest-tenured scout.
Roberts has battled cancer the past several years, but it has never slowed him down. Embedded in the story are several good tales of Roberts’ scouting exploits, descriptions of life on the scouting trail and of Roberts’ personality and perseverance.
Great, uplifting read.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)