Nov 29, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
The Rays have re-signed reliever Juan Carlos Oviedo, formerly known as Leo Nunez, reports Mark Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. The right-hander hasn’t pitched in the Majors since 2011 with the Marlins.
Oviedo will turn 32 years old on March 15. He was signed by the Rays prior to the start of the 2013 season even though he was recovering from Tommy John surgery. He missed the entire season and threw all of three pitches in 2012 — 2.2 innings with Single-A Jupiter and 0.1 innings with Triple-A New Orleans.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69