Nov 29, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
The Rays have re-signed reliever Juan Carlos Oviedo, formerly known as Leo Nunez, reports Mark Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. The right-hander hasn’t pitched in the Majors since 2011 with the Marlins.
Oviedo will turn 32 years old on March 15. He was signed by the Rays prior to the start of the 2013 season even though he was recovering from Tommy John surgery. He missed the entire season and threw all of three pitches in 2012 — 2.2 innings with Single-A Jupiter and 0.1 innings with Triple-A New Orleans.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 58
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 38
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)