Nov 29, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
The Royals just made a big announcement. And you know it’s big because they released it in the afternoon of the Friday where fewer people are paying attention to any baseball news of any Friday whatsoever:
#Royals and GM Dayton Moore agree to a two-year extension, which runs through the 2016 season.
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) November 29, 2013
Moore was hired in 2006, so this extension allows him to complete that ten-year rebuilding plan he’s been working on. But really, good for Moore. This has to be like winning the World Series for him or something. Again.
In all seriousness: The Royals had a pretty good year and their farm system has a lot of talent in it. Moore has taken a lot of lumps for moves he’s made with the big league club — and for how long even improvement to a .500+ team has taken — but in the past year or two more things have gone right than wrong. For a team that has been mired in futility that’s not nothing.
I just can’t imagine that he’d have been kept on the job as long as he has been in order to turn things around.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)