Nov 29, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
This blog is quickly becoming “TwinsStartingPitcherTalk,” isn’t it? Oh well, nothing else going on.
MLB Daily Dish’s Chris Cotillo reports that the Twins’ signing of Ricky Nolasco does not end their pursuit of free agent starter Bronson Arroyo. Which flows nicely with the idea of them chasing Phil Hughes too. They need two pitchers, it seems. Or as Cotillo’s source put it, they want 400 innings.
Arroyo posted a 3.79 ERA and 124/34 K/BB ratio over 32 starts with the Reds this past season and has put up around 200 innings or more for nine straight years. He may not be exciting, but he’s definitely an upgrade over what the Twins have been trotting out in their pretty awful rotation.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)