Dec 1, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
From the Twitter account of the Boston Globe‘s Nick Cafardo …
seven teams have now called on Bronson Arroyo. None of them have actually made a contractual offer.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) December 1, 2013
We’ve seen the Giants, Twins, Angels, Mets, Orioles and Phillies connected to Arroyo this offseason, but that still leaves room for a few mystery teams. The 36-year-old right-hander registered a 3.79 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 202 innings this past summer for the Reds. One of the most durable starting pitchers in the major leagues, Arroyo has made 32 or more starts in each of his last nine seasons. He’s not tied to draft pick compensation.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59