Dec 1, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
From the Twitter account of the Boston Globe‘s Nick Cafardo …
seven teams have now called on Bronson Arroyo. None of them have actually made a contractual offer.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) December 1, 2013
We’ve seen the Giants, Twins, Angels, Mets, Orioles and Phillies connected to Arroyo this offseason, but that still leaves room for a few mystery teams. The 36-year-old right-hander registered a 3.79 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 202 innings this past summer for the Reds. One of the most durable starting pitchers in the major leagues, Arroyo has made 32 or more starts in each of his last nine seasons. He’s not tied to draft pick compensation.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120