Dec 1, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
From the Twitter account of the Boston Globe‘s Nick Cafardo …
seven teams have now called on Bronson Arroyo. None of them have actually made a contractual offer.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) December 1, 2013
We’ve seen the Giants, Twins, Angels, Mets, Orioles and Phillies connected to Arroyo this offseason, but that still leaves room for a few mystery teams. The 36-year-old right-hander registered a 3.79 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 202 innings this past summer for the Reds. One of the most durable starting pitchers in the major leagues, Arroyo has made 32 or more starts in each of his last nine seasons. He’s not tied to draft pick compensation.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)