Dec 1, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
From the Twitter account of the Boston Globe‘s Nick Cafardo …
seven teams have now called on Bronson Arroyo. None of them have actually made a contractual offer.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) December 1, 2013
We’ve seen the Giants, Twins, Angels, Mets, Orioles and Phillies connected to Arroyo this offseason, but that still leaves room for a few mystery teams. The 36-year-old right-hander registered a 3.79 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 202 innings this past summer for the Reds. One of the most durable starting pitchers in the major leagues, Arroyo has made 32 or more starts in each of his last nine seasons. He’s not tied to draft pick compensation.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)