Dec 1, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
In his latest column for the Kansas City Star, Bob Dutton reports that Royals team officials have acknowledged that utilityman Emilio Bonifacio has drawn “steady interest” from other teams as a trade target. The 28-year-old is eligible for arbitration for the third and final time after taking home $2.6 million in 2013.
Bonifacio finished with a paltry .625 OPS in 2013, but he stole 28 bases in 36 attempts and logged playing time at second base, third base, and in center field. He has played shortstop and both outfield corners in the past as well.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)