Dec 1, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
In his latest column for the Kansas City Star, Bob Dutton reports that Royals team officials have acknowledged that utilityman Emilio Bonifacio has drawn “steady interest” from other teams as a trade target. The 28-year-old is eligible for arbitration for the third and final time after taking home $2.6 million in 2013.
Bonifacio finished with a paltry .625 OPS in 2013, but he stole 28 bases in 36 attempts and logged playing time at second base, third base, and in center field. He has played shortstop and both outfield corners in the past as well.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)