Dec 1, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
In his latest column for the Kansas City Star, Bob Dutton reports that Royals team officials have acknowledged that utilityman Emilio Bonifacio has drawn “steady interest” from other teams as a trade target. The 28-year-old is eligible for arbitration for the third and final time after taking home $2.6 million in 2013.
Bonifacio finished with a paltry .625 OPS in 2013, but he stole 28 bases in 36 attempts and logged playing time at second base, third base, and in center field. He has played shortstop and both outfield corners in the past as well.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)