Dec 1, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
In his latest column for the Kansas City Star, Bob Dutton reports that Royals team officials have acknowledged that utilityman Emilio Bonifacio has drawn “steady interest” from other teams as a trade target. The 28-year-old is eligible for arbitration for the third and final time after taking home $2.6 million in 2013.
Bonifacio finished with a paltry .625 OPS in 2013, but he stole 28 bases in 36 attempts and logged playing time at second base, third base, and in center field. He has played shortstop and both outfield corners in the past as well.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11