Dec 1, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
In his latest column for the Kansas City Star, Bob Dutton reports that Royals team officials have acknowledged that utilityman Emilio Bonifacio has drawn “steady interest” from other teams as a trade target. The 28-year-old is eligible for arbitration for the third and final time after taking home $2.6 million in 2013.
Bonifacio finished with a paltry .625 OPS in 2013, but he stole 28 bases in 36 attempts and logged playing time at second base, third base, and in center field. He has played shortstop and both outfield corners in the past as well.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59