Dec 2, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
That’s just a tease from a big, big, huge, giant article in New York Magazine about Alex Rodriguez and his battle with Major League Baseball. Nowhere in there does it ever get to why we should believe him, but along the way there are all kinds of those interesting A-Rod details that, for some reason, a lot of people just can’t get enough of.
For my part: who needs to believe A-Rod? I don’t. Nor do I think it matters. Even if he was lying through his teeth and took all manner of illegal supplements over the past years, the point is that a player shouldn’t get a 211-game suspension as first-time punishment under a drug program that mandates 50 games for a first offense. Even if the player is an ass no one much likes.
Crazy, I know, but it’s amazing what people think is fair based on whether or not you’re popular.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)