Dec 2, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Not literally, though at this point it wouldn’t surprise me. The latest: Franklin Gutierrez has been sidelined in the Venezuelan Winter League by a viral infection.
This isn’t terribly serious, but Gutierrez has had all manner of injuries, illnesses and ailments over the years. He missed a lot of time this past season with hamstring trouble. He’s had intestinal problems. He’s had it all, causing him to miss the majority of the Mariners’ games since 2011. Which stinks, because he’s so electrifying to watch run down balls when he’s healthy.
Oh well. Watch out for the snakes, Franklin.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 6
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 21
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)