Dec 2, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Not literally, though at this point it wouldn’t surprise me. The latest: Franklin Gutierrez has been sidelined in the Venezuelan Winter League by a viral infection.
This isn’t terribly serious, but Gutierrez has had all manner of injuries, illnesses and ailments over the years. He missed a lot of time this past season with hamstring trouble. He’s had intestinal problems. He’s had it all, causing him to miss the majority of the Mariners’ games since 2011. Which stinks, because he’s so electrifying to watch run down balls when he’s healthy.
Oh well. Watch out for the snakes, Franklin.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)