Dec 2, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Not literally, though at this point it wouldn’t surprise me. The latest: Franklin Gutierrez has been sidelined in the Venezuelan Winter League by a viral infection.
This isn’t terribly serious, but Gutierrez has had all manner of injuries, illnesses and ailments over the years. He missed a lot of time this past season with hamstring trouble. He’s had intestinal problems. He’s had it all, causing him to miss the majority of the Mariners’ games since 2011. Which stinks, because he’s so electrifying to watch run down balls when he’s healthy.
Oh well. Watch out for the snakes, Franklin.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (100)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)