Dec 2, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Not literally, though at this point it wouldn’t surprise me. The latest: Franklin Gutierrez has been sidelined in the Venezuelan Winter League by a viral infection.
This isn’t terribly serious, but Gutierrez has had all manner of injuries, illnesses and ailments over the years. He missed a lot of time this past season with hamstring trouble. He’s had intestinal problems. He’s had it all, causing him to miss the majority of the Mariners’ games since 2011. Which stinks, because he’s so electrifying to watch run down balls when he’s healthy.
Oh well. Watch out for the snakes, Franklin.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 237
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)