Dec 2, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Or get for them. Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times takes a look at that today. He analyzes the end of each team’s bench — the dregs of the big league roster — to see who benefitted the most from their Shlabotniks.
One takeaway: any Phillies fan who tells you that they were just a couple of injured starters away from contention is full of it. Their depth was godawful too. Another: The difference between the Rays and the Orioles may very well have been their Shlabotniks.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)