Dec 2, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Or get for them. Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times takes a look at that today. He analyzes the end of each team’s bench — the dregs of the big league roster — to see who benefitted the most from their Shlabotniks.
One takeaway: any Phillies fan who tells you that they were just a couple of injured starters away from contention is full of it. Their depth was godawful too. Another: The difference between the Rays and the Orioles may very well have been their Shlabotniks.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)