Dec 2, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Or get for them. Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times takes a look at that today. He analyzes the end of each team’s bench — the dregs of the big league roster — to see who benefitted the most from their Shlabotniks.
One takeaway: any Phillies fan who tells you that they were just a couple of injured starters away from contention is full of it. Their depth was godawful too. Another: The difference between the Rays and the Orioles may very well have been their Shlabotniks.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)