Dec 2, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Or get for them. Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times takes a look at that today. He analyzes the end of each team’s bench — the dregs of the big league roster — to see who benefitted the most from their Shlabotniks.
One takeaway: any Phillies fan who tells you that they were just a couple of injured starters away from contention is full of it. Their depth was godawful too. Another: The difference between the Rays and the Orioles may very well have been their Shlabotniks.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)