Dec 2, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Frandsen was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter. The 31-year-old made a salary of $850,000 this past season while hitting .234/.296/.341 with five home runs and 26 RBI over 278 plate appearances.
After making starts at first base, second base and the hot corner this year, Frandsen figures to serve as an active utility player for Philadelphia again in 2014.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 101
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 1
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 25
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (102)