Dec 2, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Frandsen was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter. The 31-year-old made a salary of $850,000 this past season while hitting .234/.296/.341 with five home runs and 26 RBI over 278 plate appearances.
After making starts at first base, second base and the hot corner this year, Frandsen figures to serve as an active utility player for Philadelphia again in 2014.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 19
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)