Dec 2, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
We have often seen Scott Boras take his sweet time in order to find the right deal for his clients, which makes the following report from ESPN’s Jayson Stark come as somewhat of a surprise.
Boras said back in October that he had received calls from 11 teams, but aside from some conflicting reports about the Mariners, we have heard very little about who might be involved in negotiations to sign Ellsbury. Many have speculated on the Cubs as a possible landing spot for the free agent center fielder, though it’s unclear whether they are actually in the mix.
Ellsbury, 30, batted .298/.355/.426 with 48 extra-base hits (nine home runs) and 53 RBI over 134 games this season while leading the majors with 52 stolen bases. Whether it happens at next week’s Winter Meetings or not, it’s safe to say that he will walk away with one of the biggest contracts this offseason.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)