Dec 2, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
Bronson Arroyo‘s Agent: Say, man, you have a meeting scheduled with my client?
Sandy Alderson: No, don’t have one scheduled, man.
Bronson Arroyo’s Agent: It’d be a lot cooler if you diid . . .
A Mets official downplayed the team’s interest in Bronson Arroyo, now suggesting a meeting may or may not take place with the free-agent pitcher. The team insider characterized the Mets’ actual interest in Arroyo as “not super high.”
Well all right, all right, all riiiight … this is contrary to the reports from over the weekend. But given that there may be as many as seven teams interested in the veteran righty at this point, maybe the Mets just don’t want to be part of a bidding war. Or don’t want to be seen as being part of it.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)