Dec 2, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
Bronson Arroyo‘s Agent: Say, man, you have a meeting scheduled with my client?
Sandy Alderson: No, don’t have one scheduled, man.
Bronson Arroyo’s Agent: It’d be a lot cooler if you diid . . .
A Mets official downplayed the team’s interest in Bronson Arroyo, now suggesting a meeting may or may not take place with the free-agent pitcher. The team insider characterized the Mets’ actual interest in Arroyo as “not super high.”
Well all right, all right, all riiiight … this is contrary to the reports from over the weekend. But given that there may be as many as seven teams interested in the veteran righty at this point, maybe the Mets just don’t want to be part of a bidding war. Or don’t want to be seen as being part of it.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)