Dec 2, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
Bronson Arroyo‘s Agent: Say, man, you have a meeting scheduled with my client?
Sandy Alderson: No, don’t have one scheduled, man.
Bronson Arroyo’s Agent: It’d be a lot cooler if you diid . . .
A Mets official downplayed the team’s interest in Bronson Arroyo, now suggesting a meeting may or may not take place with the free-agent pitcher. The team insider characterized the Mets’ actual interest in Arroyo as “not super high.”
Well all right, all right, all riiiight … this is contrary to the reports from over the weekend. But given that there may be as many as seven teams interested in the veteran righty at this point, maybe the Mets just don’t want to be part of a bidding war. Or don’t want to be seen as being part of it.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 3
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)