Dec 2, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
Bronson Arroyo‘s Agent: Say, man, you have a meeting scheduled with my client?
Sandy Alderson: No, don’t have one scheduled, man.
Bronson Arroyo’s Agent: It’d be a lot cooler if you diid . . .
A Mets official downplayed the team’s interest in Bronson Arroyo, now suggesting a meeting may or may not take place with the free-agent pitcher. The team insider characterized the Mets’ actual interest in Arroyo as “not super high.”
Well all right, all right, all riiiight … this is contrary to the reports from over the weekend. But given that there may be as many as seven teams interested in the veteran righty at this point, maybe the Mets just don’t want to be part of a bidding war. Or don’t want to be seen as being part of it.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)