Dec 2, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
Bronson Arroyo‘s Agent: Say, man, you have a meeting scheduled with my client?
Sandy Alderson: No, don’t have one scheduled, man.
Bronson Arroyo’s Agent: It’d be a lot cooler if you diid . . .
A Mets official downplayed the team’s interest in Bronson Arroyo, now suggesting a meeting may or may not take place with the free-agent pitcher. The team insider characterized the Mets’ actual interest in Arroyo as “not super high.”
Well all right, all right, all riiiight … this is contrary to the reports from over the weekend. But given that there may be as many as seven teams interested in the veteran righty at this point, maybe the Mets just don’t want to be part of a bidding war. Or don’t want to be seen as being part of it.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)