Dec 2, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
In the future, every Pirates catcher will have played for the Yankees the season before:
The Pirates are on the verge of acquiring catcher Chris Stewart from the Yankees.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 2, 2013
Stewart is superfluous now that the Yankees have signed Brian McCann. And he’s pretty bad even if they didn’t sign McCann, having hit .211/.293/.272 in over 300 plate appearances for New York last season. And that’s no aberration. It’s pretty much his career line in seven seasons in the majors.
Organizational depth for Pittsburgh, roster space for the Yankees and likely nothing of value going back to Gotham in exchange.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (277)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)