Dec 2, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
In the future, every Pirates catcher will have played for the Yankees the season before:
The Pirates are on the verge of acquiring catcher Chris Stewart from the Yankees.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 2, 2013
Stewart is superfluous now that the Yankees have signed Brian McCann. And he’s pretty bad even if they didn’t sign McCann, having hit .211/.293/.272 in over 300 plate appearances for New York last season. And that’s no aberration. It’s pretty much his career line in seven seasons in the majors.
Organizational depth for Pittsburgh, roster space for the Yankees and likely nothing of value going back to Gotham in exchange.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)