Dec 2, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
In the future, every Pirates catcher will have played for the Yankees the season before:
The Pirates are on the verge of acquiring catcher Chris Stewart from the Yankees.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 2, 2013
Stewart is superfluous now that the Yankees have signed Brian McCann. And he’s pretty bad even if they didn’t sign McCann, having hit .211/.293/.272 in over 300 plate appearances for New York last season. And that’s no aberration. It’s pretty much his career line in seven seasons in the majors.
Organizational depth for Pittsburgh, roster space for the Yankees and likely nothing of value going back to Gotham in exchange.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)