Dec 2, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Jim Leyland is no longer managing the Tigers, but his favorite player will be staying in Detroit for another year.
Kelly hit .222 with a .652 OPS, failing to reach a .700 OPS for the sixth time in six seasons as a big leaguer, yet found his way into the starting lineup 52 times at age 33. Presumably new manager Brad Ausmus won’t have quite the same infatuation with Kelly as Leyland did, although who knows exactly how manager/utility man love blossoms.
You love who you love, you know?
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 1
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 20
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)