Dec 2, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Jim Leyland is no longer managing the Tigers, but his favorite player will be staying in Detroit for another year.
Kelly hit .222 with a .652 OPS, failing to reach a .700 OPS for the sixth time in six seasons as a big leaguer, yet found his way into the starting lineup 52 times at age 33. Presumably new manager Brad Ausmus won’t have quite the same infatuation with Kelly as Leyland did, although who knows exactly how manager/utility man love blossoms.
You love who you love, you know?
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)