Dec 2, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Jim Leyland is no longer managing the Tigers, but his favorite player will be staying in Detroit for another year.
Kelly hit .222 with a .652 OPS, failing to reach a .700 OPS for the sixth time in six seasons as a big leaguer, yet found his way into the starting lineup 52 times at age 33. Presumably new manager Brad Ausmus won’t have quite the same infatuation with Kelly as Leyland did, although who knows exactly how manager/utility man love blossoms.
You love who you love, you know?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)