Dec 2, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Jim Leyland is no longer managing the Tigers, but his favorite player will be staying in Detroit for another year.
Kelly hit .222 with a .652 OPS, failing to reach a .700 OPS for the sixth time in six seasons as a big leaguer, yet found his way into the starting lineup 52 times at age 33. Presumably new manager Brad Ausmus won’t have quite the same infatuation with Kelly as Leyland did, although who knows exactly how manager/utility man love blossoms.
You love who you love, you know?
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 0
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 10
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)