Dec 3, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
As of last week Brian Wilson was said to be in “serious” talks with Detroit, but now that the Tigers are on the verge of signing Joe Nathan as their new closer Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that Wilson is nearing a return to the Dodgers.
Wilson was fantastic down the stretch as a setup man for the Dodgers, throwing 20 innings with a 0.45 ERA and 21/6 K/BB ratio combined in the regular season and playoffs. And after missing nearly all of 2012 following Tommy John elbow surgery he averaged 93.2 miles per hour with his fastball.
Prior to the surgery Wilson put together a four-year run as the Giants’ closer in which he saved 163 games with a 3.00 ERA and 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)