Dec 3, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
That’s what ESPN’s Buster Olney is hearing from opposing teams …
Other teams becoming convinced that Carlos Beltran is going to land with the Royals, on a deal of 3/$48 million.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 3, 2013
Other reporters have confirmed that there is indeed a three-year, $48 million contract offer on the table to Beltran. And if the Royals made it, they’re almost certain to win the bidding for the veteran outfielder.
Beltran proved to be a major steal for the Cardinals on a two-year, $26 million pact that was signed before the start of the 2012 season. A three-year, $48 million deal that covers Beltran’s age 37, 38 and 39 seasons seems much more likely to fall flat, though Kansas City will have the luxury of using him at DH.
Beltran was drafted by the Royals in 1995 and spent the first seven years of his career with the team.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)