Dec 3, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Hinske played for the Diamondbacks this year, hitting .173 in 52 games to finish up a 12-season career in which he won a Rookie of the Year award and then went on to play for seven different teams. He was released by Arizona in July.
Hinske was originally drafted by the Cubs in 1998, but never played for Chicago because he was traded to the A’s for Miguel Cairo in 2001 (and then later traded to the Blue Jays for Billy Koch that same year).
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)