Dec 3, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Hinske played for the Diamondbacks this year, hitting .173 in 52 games to finish up a 12-season career in which he won a Rookie of the Year award and then went on to play for seven different teams. He was released by Arizona in July.
Hinske was originally drafted by the Cubs in 1998, but never played for Chicago because he was traded to the A’s for Miguel Cairo in 2001 (and then later traded to the Blue Jays for Billy Koch that same year).
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)