Dec 3, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
It appears that everything turned out OK for the Giants prospects injured in Tuesday’s crash. According to Andrew Baggarly, all five players hospitalized have already been released. They were: LHP Bryce Bandilla, LHP Adalberto Mejia, RHP Daniel Slania, RHP Jeff Soptic and INF Kebly Tomlinson.
The names aren’t yet known, but a van carrying 11 Giants prospects was involved in an accident in Scottsdale, Arizona on Tuesday morning, sending five people to the hospital, CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly has confirmed.
The van was pulling out of a team hotel on Scottsdale Road when its front and left side was struck by a Kia Sedan. The AP reported that one of the players is believed to be in critical condition. However, Baggarly says it’s his current understanding that none of the injuries are life-threatening.
The San Francisco Chronicle’s Hank Schulman reports that the Giants’ van driver was cited by police.
A Giants spokesperson was unable to comment on the accident as of yet.
According to Baggarly, the minor leaguers were in Scottsdale for a three-week conditioning camp. Included in the group — but not necessarily involved in today’s crash — were top prospects Kyle Crick, Chris Stratton and Derek Law.
1:45 p.m. EST update: Crick, the Giants’ best pitching prospect, tweeted that he wasn’t involved in the accident.
Hope all my fellow mini giants are safe and recovering, looks like everyone is going to be okay.
— Kyle Crick (@K_Crick49) December 3, 2013
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 133
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 132
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (133)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (132)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)