Dec 3, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
It appears that everything turned out OK for the Giants prospects injured in Tuesday’s crash. According to Andrew Baggarly, all five players hospitalized have already been released. They were: LHP Bryce Bandilla, LHP Adalberto Mejia, RHP Daniel Slania, RHP Jeff Soptic and INF Kebly Tomlinson.
The names aren’t yet known, but a van carrying 11 Giants prospects was involved in an accident in Scottsdale, Arizona on Tuesday morning, sending five people to the hospital, CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly has confirmed.
The van was pulling out of a team hotel on Scottsdale Road when its front and left side was struck by a Kia Sedan. The AP reported that one of the players is believed to be in critical condition. However, Baggarly says it’s his current understanding that none of the injuries are life-threatening.
The San Francisco Chronicle’s Hank Schulman reports that the Giants’ van driver was cited by police.
A Giants spokesperson was unable to comment on the accident as of yet.
According to Baggarly, the minor leaguers were in Scottsdale for a three-week conditioning camp. Included in the group — but not necessarily involved in today’s crash — were top prospects Kyle Crick, Chris Stratton and Derek Law.
1:45 p.m. EST update: Crick, the Giants’ best pitching prospect, tweeted that he wasn’t involved in the accident.
Hope all my fellow mini giants are safe and recovering, looks like everyone is going to be okay.
— Kyle Crick (@K_Crick49) December 3, 2013
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)