Dec 3, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times reports that Nomar Garciaparra has been “hired as a new commentator” by the Dodgers’ soon-to-launch television network, SportsNet LA.
Garciaparra was a six-time All-Star and two-time batting champion who retired in 2009 after 14 seasons in the majors, including three years with the Dodgers. He’s been working as a television analyst for ESPN.
His exact role with SportsNet LA isn’t known yet, but Dilbeck says he’s “expected to do pre- and post-game commentary.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)