Dec 3, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Stauffer was limited to just one appearance with the Padres in 2012 before undergoing season-ending surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon, but he bounced back nicely this year as a full-time reliever. The 31-year-old posted a 3.75 ERA and 64/20 K/BB ratio over 69 2/3 innings.
As we noted last night, the Padres are loaded with rotation candidates, so Stauffer will likely remain in a middle relief role next season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)