Dec 3, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Stauffer was limited to just one appearance with the Padres in 2012 before undergoing season-ending surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon, but he bounced back nicely this year as a full-time reliever. The 31-year-old posted a 3.75 ERA and 64/20 K/BB ratio over 69 2/3 innings.
As we noted last night, the Padres are loaded with rotation candidates, so Stauffer will likely remain in a middle relief role next season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 11
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)