Dec 3, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Stauffer was limited to just one appearance with the Padres in 2012 before undergoing season-ending surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon, but he bounced back nicely this year as a full-time reliever. The 31-year-old posted a 3.75 ERA and 64/20 K/BB ratio over 69 2/3 innings.
As we noted last night, the Padres are loaded with rotation candidates, so Stauffer will likely remain in a middle relief role next season.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)