Dec 3, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Stauffer was limited to just one appearance with the Padres in 2012 before undergoing season-ending surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon, but he bounced back nicely this year as a full-time reliever. The 31-year-old posted a 3.75 ERA and 64/20 K/BB ratio over 69 2/3 innings.
As we noted last night, the Padres are loaded with rotation candidates, so Stauffer will likely remain in a middle relief role next season.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)