Dec 3, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Stauffer was limited to just one appearance with the Padres in 2012 before undergoing season-ending surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon, but he bounced back nicely this year as a full-time reliever. The 31-year-old posted a 3.75 ERA and 64/20 K/BB ratio over 69 2/3 innings.
As we noted last night, the Padres are loaded with rotation candidates, so Stauffer will likely remain in a middle relief role next season.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)