Dec 3, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
A minor trade in among all these high-profile deals, via MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki:
Phillies have acquired RHP Brad Lincoln from Blue Jays in exchange for catcher Erik Kratz and LHP Rob Rasmussen.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) December 4, 2013
Lincoln was out of minor league options and the Blue Jays are loaded with relievers. The 28-year-old right-hander registered a 3.98 ERA and 1.58 WHIP across 31 2/3 innings this past season for Toronto.
Kratz will battle Josh Thole for the backup job behind new Blue Jays starting catcher Dioner Navarro. Rasmussen is a 24-year-old left-hander with a rough 6.46 ERA in 54 1/3 career innings at the Triple-A level.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)