Dec 3, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
A minor trade in among all these high-profile deals, via MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki:
Phillies have acquired RHP Brad Lincoln from Blue Jays in exchange for catcher Erik Kratz and LHP Rob Rasmussen.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) December 4, 2013
Lincoln was out of minor league options and the Blue Jays are loaded with relievers. The 28-year-old right-hander registered a 3.98 ERA and 1.58 WHIP across 31 2/3 innings this past season for Toronto.
Kratz will battle Josh Thole for the backup job behind new Blue Jays starting catcher Dioner Navarro. Rasmussen is a 24-year-old left-hander with a rough 6.46 ERA in 54 1/3 career innings at the Triple-A level.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 8
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)