Dec 3, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
A’s GM Billy Beane is not done making moves.
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports tweeted Tuesday evening that Oakland is “likely to deal” left-hander Brett Anderson at next week’s Winter Meetings and lists the Yankees among the teams showing trade interest. The Blue Jays, Royals, Indians, Twins and Mariners are also thought to be in the hunt.
Anderson has been limited to 79 2/3 innings since the beginning of the 2012 season due to a range of arm and leg injuries, but he’s only 25 years old and boasts a 3.81 career ERA at the major league level.
The former second-round pick will make an $8 million salary in 2014.
He carries a $12 million club option for the 2015 season.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 37
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)