Dec 3, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
A’s GM Billy Beane is not done making moves.
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports tweeted Tuesday evening that Oakland is “likely to deal” left-hander Brett Anderson at next week’s Winter Meetings and lists the Yankees among the teams showing trade interest. The Blue Jays, Royals, Indians, Twins and Mariners are also thought to be in the hunt.
Anderson has been limited to 79 2/3 innings since the beginning of the 2012 season due to a range of arm and leg injuries, but he’s only 25 years old and boasts a 3.81 career ERA at the major league level.
The former second-round pick will make an $8 million salary in 2014.
He carries a $12 million club option for the 2015 season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54