Dec 4, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
I wouldn’t even say we’re willing to trade Mark. We haven’t been out there shopping Trumbo. At the end of the day, our intention is to keep our team together and solve our starting pitching issues as best we can.
“I wouldn’t even say we’re willing to trade” is a helluva thing to say about a defensively challenged 27-year-old with a .299 career on-base percentage. There’s no doubting that Trumbo has excellent power, but as an all-around player he’s extremely flawed and his .768 career OPS is nothing special. Dipoto and the Angels should probably be looking to cash him in for decent value if offers are out there.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 14
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 41
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)