Dec 4, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
I wouldn’t even say we’re willing to trade Mark. We haven’t been out there shopping Trumbo. At the end of the day, our intention is to keep our team together and solve our starting pitching issues as best we can.
“I wouldn’t even say we’re willing to trade” is a helluva thing to say about a defensively challenged 27-year-old with a .299 career on-base percentage. There’s no doubting that Trumbo has excellent power, but as an all-around player he’s extremely flawed and his .768 career OPS is nothing special. Dipoto and the Angels should probably be looking to cash him in for decent value if offers are out there.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)