Dec 4, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
I wouldn’t even say we’re willing to trade Mark. We haven’t been out there shopping Trumbo. At the end of the day, our intention is to keep our team together and solve our starting pitching issues as best we can.
“I wouldn’t even say we’re willing to trade” is a helluva thing to say about a defensively challenged 27-year-old with a .299 career on-base percentage. There’s no doubting that Trumbo has excellent power, but as an all-around player he’s extremely flawed and his .768 career OPS is nothing special. Dipoto and the Angels should probably be looking to cash him in for decent value if offers are out there.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)