Dec 4, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
I wouldn’t even say we’re willing to trade Mark. We haven’t been out there shopping Trumbo. At the end of the day, our intention is to keep our team together and solve our starting pitching issues as best we can.
“I wouldn’t even say we’re willing to trade” is a helluva thing to say about a defensively challenged 27-year-old with a .299 career on-base percentage. There’s no doubting that Trumbo has excellent power, but as an all-around player he’s extremely flawed and his .768 career OPS is nothing special. Dipoto and the Angels should probably be looking to cash him in for decent value if offers are out there.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)