Dec 4, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick is hearing that the Chicago front office plans to “do some serious listening” on the 28-year-old right-hander at next week’s Winter Meetings in Orlando, Florida. The Diamondbacks, Blue Jays and Angels are among the teams that have been floated as potential suitors this offseason.
Samardzija posted a pedestrian 4.34 ERA and 1.35 WHIP in 33 starts this summer for the Cubs, but he struck out 214 batters in 213 2/3 innings and had much better rate stats (3.81 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) in 2012.
Samardzija is arbitration-eligible through the 2015 season. He earned a $2.64 million salary in 2013.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 0
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 43
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)