Dec 4, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson met with Curtis Granderson on Sunday and Adam Rubin of ESPN New York was told by a source that talks between the two sides “intensified” late Tuesday. Andy Martino of the New York Daily News hears that nothing is imminent, but that there’s increasing optimism that the Mets will land him.
According to Rubin, the Mets are hoping to get Granderson on a three-year contract. However, they are willing to concede a fourth year if need be. As of now, it’s unclear if he has received any four-year offers elsewhere.
Granderson turns 33 in March, so giving him four years would be a risk, but his power bat would be a solid fit in the middle of the Mets’ lineup. He hit just seven homers in 61 games in an injury-plagued season this year, but he amassed 84 home runs from 2011-2012.
May 4, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Ramirez suffered the injury when he ran into the wall along the left-field line while attempting to make a catch.
May 4, 2015, 7:34 PM EDT
MLB brought the hammer down really hard on Blue Jays hitting coach Brook Jacoby for an incident with the umpiring crew while the team was in Boston last week.
May 4, 2015, 7:16 PM EDT
Anthony Rendon’s long road back from a left knee sprain continues to be delayed due to ongoing tightness in his side.
May 4, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Rays right-hander Alex Cobb has been sidelined since the middle of March due to forearm tendinitis and it doesn’t sound like he’ll be back in the near future.
May 4, 2015, 5:29 PM EDT
Ottavino finishes the season with a 0.00 ERA and 13/2 K/BB ratio in 10 innings.
May 4, 2015, 5:11 PM EDT
The pitchers and rookies of the month were also named.
May 4, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Not so long ago Rosario was viewed as a very good prospect, but …
May 4, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Are we now to the “when,” rather than the “if” portion of the Rose reinstatement debate?
May 4, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
He’s being paid $15 million this season and is owed another $15 million in 2016.
May 4, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
And can we determine that in 21 games?
May 4, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
The Selig rule requires that requires that every club consider minority candidates for manager positions. There really wasn’t a search for Ron Roenicke’s replacement in Milwaukee.
May 4, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
0-4 with a 6.29 ERA.
May 4, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
Milwaukee now has the guy who had easily the best batting stance of any current manager.
May 4, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Nearly a month ago Hardy was said to be “close” to starting a rehab stint.
May 4, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Seven errors in 21 games.
May 4, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He says “it’s family business” and that “the old A-Rod is gone.”
May 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
This is getting ridiculous.
May 4, 2015, 9:49 AM EDT
This is the shortest post in the history of HBT.
May 4, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
And noting how the Yankees can and do sell everything that isn’t nailed down but somehow can’t figure out how to market home run number 660.
May 4, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
“I got it”
- Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 5
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 11
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)