Dec 4, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
As a follow-up to yesterday’s reports that the Mariners were making a serious run at Robinson Cano, now Kevin Kernan of the New York Post reports that the free agent second baseman and his agent met with the Mariners in Seattle.
Kernan’s source told him “the meeting went very well.”
There’s also been some recent speculation that the Rangers might make a run at Cano, but Texas general manager Jon Daniels more or less squashed that notion during an interview today.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17