Dec 5, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
O’Flaherty required Tommy John surgery on his left elbow this May and is expected to miss at least the first month of the 2014 season, but that hasn’t stopped six teams from expressing interest. The 28-year-old owns a fantastic 1.99 ERA dating back to 2009 and was in line for a big contract in free agency prior to surgery, so he could be an excellent buy-low opportunity. The thought is that he’ll sign a one-year deal in hopes of testing the market again next winter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)