Dec 5, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Previous reports claim the Yankees aren’t willing to go as high as $200 million, so if Rojas’ information is correct the money isn’t even close.
Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik predictably declined to comment about Cano specifically when asked yesterday, but was surprisingly open about the possibility of making a huge splash in free agency and sure sounded like someone who thought he had a real chance to land the second baseman.
Of course, $240 million tends to do that.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 4
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 49
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 85
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (86)