Dec 5, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Previous reports claim the Yankees aren’t willing to go as high as $200 million, so if Rojas’ information is correct the money isn’t even close.
Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik predictably declined to comment about Cano specifically when asked yesterday, but was surprisingly open about the possibility of making a huge splash in free agency and sure sounded like someone who thought he had a real chance to land the second baseman.
Of course, $240 million tends to do that.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 18
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 26
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)