Dec 5, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
As part of the Norichika Aoki trade the Brewers announced that Ryan Braun will move from left field to right field for 2014, opening up left field for Khris Davis after he showed a ton of power in a 56-game debut.
Moving from one outfield corner to another obviously isn’t a big deal, although Braun has never played right field in the majors and hasn’t played a position other than left field since he came up as a third baseman in 2007.
Braun will surely be just fine in right field, but going from Braun in left and Aoki in right to Davis in left and Braun in right is definitely a defensive downgrade for the Brewers.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)