Dec 5, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
As part of the Norichika Aoki trade the Brewers announced that Ryan Braun will move from left field to right field for 2014, opening up left field for Khris Davis after he showed a ton of power in a 56-game debut.
Moving from one outfield corner to another obviously isn’t a big deal, although Braun has never played right field in the majors and hasn’t played a position other than left field since he came up as a third baseman in 2007.
Braun will surely be just fine in right field, but going from Braun in left and Aoki in right to Davis in left and Braun in right is definitely a defensive downgrade for the Brewers.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11