Ryan Braun is changing positions

Dec 5, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT

ryan braun brewers Getty Images

Miguel Cabrera isn’t the only MVP changing positions.

As part of the Norichika Aoki trade the Brewers announced that Ryan Braun will move from left field to right field for 2014, opening up left field for Khris Davis after he showed a ton of power in a 56-game debut.

Moving from one outfield corner to another obviously isn’t a big deal, although Braun has never played right field in the majors and hasn’t played a position other than left field since he came up as a third baseman in 2007.

Braun will surely be just fine in right field, but going from Braun in left and Aoki in right to Davis in left and Braun in right is definitely a defensive downgrade for the Brewers.

1. tfbuckfutter - Dec 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM

After getting all the roids out of his body he might be spry enough to play 2nd base.

• koufaxmitzvah - Dec 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM

You do realize the wrong nasal spray can fail a test….

Nevermind.

• tfbuckfutter - Dec 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Hang on, we can discuss this later….I have to catch a 1500 mile flight to spend thousands of dollars on designer nasal spray.

• koufaxmitzvah - Dec 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM

So you know for a fact that it wasn’t nasal spray and that it was illegal muscle juice. As opposed to legal muscle juice.

• tfbuckfutter - Dec 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I’m sure it was nasal spray.

But the pilot of the flight was the one who was using it, and the particles got around the entire cabin so everyone inadvertently inhaled it too.

That pilot should be fired.

• koufaxmitzvah - Dec 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Fun times.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Dec 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM

“You do realize the wrong nasal spray can fail a test….

Nevermind.”

“Slippery slopes are fun. Who needs evidence when you’ve got voices inside your head?”

Just so we are all clear – what are you saying?

• lanflfan - Dec 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

He is guilty and did not deserve the MVP (but I do not favor changing what has already been decided).
        Evidence is clear enough, but the quick acceptance of a suspension seems unlikely if he truly were clean given the ferocity of his defense at the time. He took the PEDS, lied his ass off to everyone, got caught and has now paid the price. Time for all of us to move the hell on.

• historiophiliac - Dec 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Wait, are we debating whether he actually took a banned substance or not? I thought his confession kind of settled that.

• koufaxmitzvah - Dec 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM

The wrong nose spray is a banned substance. Pot is a banned substance. Banned substance don’t mean muscle juice. That was my point.

As to the voices in folks heads:

“Drugs will make you want to jump off the roof of the school auditorium!”

“MLB baseball and Bud Selig have the best interests of fans and players at heart!”

“Banned substance means Bad Muscles.”

• tfbuckfutter - Dec 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I fell off the roof of my high school once.

It was during lunch. And I didn’t jump, I fell, and it wasn’t the cafeteria, it was the one story building next to the cafeteria.

I was retrieving a hackey sack.

You can feel free to draw whatever conclusions you’d like from the given information, although I assure you nasal spray didn’t play any role in it.

• Old Gator - Dec 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Oh, it’s about which base he plays. When I read the headline, I thought he had just changed his story again.

• spudchukar - Dec 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM

No, his girlfriend finally complained, sex was becoming boring.

• Reflex - Dec 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Nice.

• fanofevilempire - Dec 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM

you shouldn’t say that, he’s a MVP.

• fanofevilempire - Dec 5, 2013 at 5:21 PM

spud, keep it clean.
        hehehhehehehehhe

2. fearlessleader - Dec 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM

The Brewers are counting on the fact that it’s a good year for athletes named [kris] Davis.

• historiophiliac - Dec 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM

He just wants to be like Mike.

• fearlessleader - Dec 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Who is thumbs-downing this, exactly? Are there THAT many Alabama fans on HBT?

• Old Gator - Dec 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM

It’s the thumb harpy. The same one William Shatner saw climbing around on the wing of the airliner. Once the airlines began installing high bypass turbofans that were too complicated for him, he brought his limited intelligence to Circling the Bases. That’s too bad. If Shatner had any imagination, they could have parlayed Priceline into an extortion scheme that would have made Keyser Soze jealous.

3. fanofevilempire - Dec 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM

OG, I was thinking the same thing, I guess you type faster.

4. stex52 - Dec 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Count me in on the “changing his story” narrative.

But I was also wondering, how is his arm for right field? I assume a guy who came up as a third baseman might still be able to throw on a pretty straight line.

5. jcmeyer10 - Dec 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM

HOLD UP, we traded for KHRIS Davis?! Did we get a receipt for this trade?

6. jwbiii - Dec 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM

A more important question is what does Larisa Fraser, his girlfriend, think about his changing positions?

7. bbk1000 - Dec 5, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Hmmm…he might have weaker arm strength…..let’s see how this works……

8. muskyhunter2542 - Dec 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Did he take a PED? No he didn’t. He took a banned substance.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Dec 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM

You say unequivocally he did not take a PED. How is it you know that? Personally, I do not know what he took, so I am curious how it is you know he did not take a PED.

• muskyhunter2542 - Dec 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM

You just shouldnt assume!!!!

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Dec 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I agree.

However, that does not at all answer my question – you stae with certainty that it was not a PED. How is it you know that?

• muskyhunter2542 - Dec 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Because at no point did MLB ever state that he was guilty of using PED’s. Only a banned substance.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Dec 6, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Yes, but you said he did not, shut the door on it. In reality, you have no idea if he did or not.

Managers get easier path to Cooperstown
  1. H. Street (4051)