Dec 6, 2013, 11:04 AM EST
As of this morning the New York Daily News was reporting that the Mariners were no longer negotiating with Robinson Cano because of Jay Z’s attempts to raise the second baseman’s price tag at the last minute.
As of right now–and for the next 10 seasons–Cano is a Seattle Mariner.
Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that Cano and the Mariners have agreed to a 10-year, $240 million contract that ties Albert Pujols‘ deal with the Angels as the third-largest in MLB history. And if previous reports are to be believed–very iffy at this point, obviously–then Jay Z and his team of agents got Seattle to up its offer from $225 million to $240 million.
Throughout all the drama the Yankees have insisted that they wouldn’t go as high as $200 million for Cano and it turns out they stuck to their guns, letting him walk for $240 million while instead spending a combined $238 million on outside free agents Jacoby Ellsbury and Brian McCann.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Dodgers added some pitching depth, picking up Mike Bolsinger from the Diamondbacks on Saturday.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Wily Mo Pena could be back in the major leagues if the Twins are willing to play ball.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Are they looking to hire a caddie?
Nov 22, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The Rockies added a bit of pitching depth, signing John Lannan to a minor league deal.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Giants have a Plan B if they can’t bring back Pablo Sandoval.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
And the Giants are still in the mix, too.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Satin spent parts of the past four seasons in the majors with the Mets.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Blanco played for the Cubs from 2005-2008.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:14 AM EST
Yang won the Korean equivalent of the Cy Young award this season and the 26-year-old tops out at 92-95 miles per hour.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He figures to get a look as a backup outfielder for the Angels.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
Boston is competing with San Francisco and San Diego for Sandoval.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
The Mariners get an extra year to do whatever they want with Danny Hultzen.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
If the Yankees can’t bring back David Robertson, Jason Grilli could be one option the club could look at.
Nov 21, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Orioles bolstered their organizational depth by signing Paul Janish on Friday.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The White Sox have signed first baseman Adam LaRoche to a two-year, $25 million deal.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The interest in free agent outfielder Torii Hunter has been lukewarm, but he represents a decent Plan B or C for a handful of teams.
Nov 21, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Andrew Miller is drawing significant interest in the free agent market, and he could even fetch a four-year deal.
Nov 21, 2014, 5:21 PM EST
Wakamatsu, Cash and Ibanez are the finalists.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Can you see that happening? I have a hard time seeing that happen.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
Joyce has been a productive regular for the Rays since 2010.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)