Dec 7, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
After Carlos Beltran signed a three-year, $45 million deal with the Yankees, we learned he had actually been offered more money by the Diamondbacks but declined in order to return to New York. Still looking to fill their corner outfield void, they are showing interest in Angels slugger Mark Trumbo, tweets Bob Nightengale of USA TODAY.
Nightengale suggests that the D-Backs could part with their surplus of starting pitching in order to land a deal for Trumbo or someone else, as they could use Tyler Skaggs, Trevor Cahill, Brandon McCarthy, and Wade Miley as trade bait. Power is surprisingly scarce among remaining free agent outfielders, especially once you get past Shin-Soo Choo or Nelson Cruz, so a trade makes a lot of sense for the D-Backs.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)