Dec 7, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
After Carlos Beltran signed a three-year, $45 million deal with the Yankees, we learned he had actually been offered more money by the Diamondbacks but declined in order to return to New York. Still looking to fill their corner outfield void, they are showing interest in Angels slugger Mark Trumbo, tweets Bob Nightengale of USA TODAY.
Nightengale suggests that the D-Backs could part with their surplus of starting pitching in order to land a deal for Trumbo or someone else, as they could use Tyler Skaggs, Trevor Cahill, Brandon McCarthy, and Wade Miley as trade bait. Power is surprisingly scarce among remaining free agent outfielders, especially once you get past Shin-Soo Choo or Nelson Cruz, so a trade makes a lot of sense for the D-Backs.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)