Dec 7, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Per Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles, Dodgers GM Ned Colletti says he has made multiple offers to Juan Uribe, but have yet to hear back. The 34-year-old free agent has spent a majority of his playing time at third base since joining the Dodgers in 2011.
Uribe had a career year in 2013, finishing with a .769 OPS in 426 plate appearances. Adjusting for league and park effects, his OPS was 17 points above average. By Wins Above Replacement, he was the seventh-most valuable third baseman in baseball at 5.1 WAR, between Adrian Beltre (5.2) and Chase Headley (3.6).
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 23
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 28
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on 15-day disabled list with right shoulder discomfort 1
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)