Dec 7, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Per Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles, Dodgers GM Ned Colletti says he has made multiple offers to Juan Uribe, but have yet to hear back. The 34-year-old free agent has spent a majority of his playing time at third base since joining the Dodgers in 2011.
Uribe had a career year in 2013, finishing with a .769 OPS in 426 plate appearances. Adjusting for league and park effects, his OPS was 17 points above average. By Wins Above Replacement, he was the seventh-most valuable third baseman in baseball at 5.1 WAR, between Adrian Beltre (5.2) and Chase Headley (3.6).
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 29
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 85
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)