Dec 7, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle tweets that the Giants have considered free agent Mike Morse to fill their left field vacancy, but they think they can do a better job making a trade. Schulman added that he would not be surprised if the team made a trade over the upcoming winter meetings.
Morse spent most of the 2013 season with the Mariners, posting a .693 OPS in 307 trips to the plate. He missed over a month of time between mid-June and the end of July with a strained right quadriceps. On August 30, the Mariners traded him to the Orioles who were gearing up for a run at the AL Wild Card. However, he suffered from pain in his wrist and wasn’t able to contribute offensively. In October, he underwent surgery to repair bone spurs in his right wrist. Morse will turn 32 years old in March.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)