Dec 7, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle tweets that the Giants have considered free agent Mike Morse to fill their left field vacancy, but they think they can do a better job making a trade. Schulman added that he would not be surprised if the team made a trade over the upcoming winter meetings.
Morse spent most of the 2013 season with the Mariners, posting a .693 OPS in 307 trips to the plate. He missed over a month of time between mid-June and the end of July with a strained right quadriceps. On August 30, the Mariners traded him to the Orioles who were gearing up for a run at the AL Wild Card. However, he suffered from pain in his wrist and wasn’t able to contribute offensively. In October, he underwent surgery to repair bone spurs in his right wrist. Morse will turn 32 years old in March.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)