Dec 7, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
The two teams had discussions about Anderson yesterday, but Rosenthal hears that they were unable to find a match on a deal. Talks are unlikely to be revived, but the Athletics should find plenty of interest at next week’s Winter Meetings in Orlando. The Blue Jays, Royals, Indians, Twins, Mariners, and Yankees are among the other teams who have reportedly inquired on Anderson thus far.
Injuries have limited Anderson to just 43 starts and 11 relief appearances at the major league level dating back to 2010, but he doesn’t turn 26 until February and has shown significant potential in the past. He’s due $8 million next season while his contract includes a $12 million option for 2015.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)