Dec 8, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
More than 15 teams have called to express interest in free agent reliever Andrew Bailey, MLBTR has learned. The 29-year-old had season-ending shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder in July, and the Red Sox declined to tender him a contract earlier this month. Barring setbacks, he is expected to be Major League game ready by mid-May.
Bailey was limited to 28 2/3 innings this past season and 15 1/3 innings in 2012 because of injuries, but the 29-year-old right-hander boasts a 2.64 career ERA and he’s fanned 227 batters in 218 total major league frames. On an incentives-driven one-year contract, he would be a good get for just about any club.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 103
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32