Dec 9, 2013, 8:16 PM EST
Adams joined the Phillies last offseason on a two-year, $12 million contract, but he made just 28 appearances prior to undergoing surgery in July to repair two tears in his right labrum and one in his rotator cuff. Gelb writes that the 35-year-old slated to throw soon, but he’s far from a lock to be ready for spring training.
Adams is owed $7 million next season while his contract includes a $6 million club option for 2015.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)