Dec 9, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
It’s been all quiet on the Nelson Cruz front for a week or two, with the last rumors about him involving the Rangers and the Mariners. It’s possible that the cool interest is a function of his reported $75 million asking price.
Or it could be that a guy with very limited defensive value and a mostly one-dimensional offensive attack and a PED suspension in his rear-view mirror who, because he was given a qualifying offer by Texas, will cost whoever signs him a first round draft pick is not the hottest of properties regardless.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)