Dec 9, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
It’s been all quiet on the Nelson Cruz front for a week or two, with the last rumors about him involving the Rangers and the Mariners. It’s possible that the cool interest is a function of his reported $75 million asking price.
Or it could be that a guy with very limited defensive value and a mostly one-dimensional offensive attack and a PED suspension in his rear-view mirror who, because he was given a qualifying offer by Texas, will cost whoever signs him a first round draft pick is not the hottest of properties regardless.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47