Dec 9, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
It’s been all quiet on the Nelson Cruz front for a week or two, with the last rumors about him involving the Rangers and the Mariners. It’s possible that the cool interest is a function of his reported $75 million asking price.
Or it could be that a guy with very limited defensive value and a mostly one-dimensional offensive attack and a PED suspension in his rear-view mirror who, because he was given a qualifying offer by Texas, will cost whoever signs him a first round draft pick is not the hottest of properties regardless.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (159)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)