Dec 9, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
It’s been all quiet on the Nelson Cruz front for a week or two, with the last rumors about him involving the Rangers and the Mariners. It’s possible that the cool interest is a function of his reported $75 million asking price.
Or it could be that a guy with very limited defensive value and a mostly one-dimensional offensive attack and a PED suspension in his rear-view mirror who, because he was given a qualifying offer by Texas, will cost whoever signs him a first round draft pick is not the hottest of properties regardless.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)