Dec 9, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
WFAN’s Sweeny Murti reported earlier in the day that the Mets met with Colon’s agent.
Seattle and Atlanta would also seem to be possibilities for the 40-year-old right-hander, who did not receive a qualifying offer from the A’s and thus will not require the loss of a draft pick.
Colon finished second in the AL with 18 wins and second with a 2.65 ERA in 190 1/3 innings last season. The teams that want him seem to prefer him for one year, but one will likely blink and offer him a two-year deal in the $20 million range.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)