Dec 9, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
WFAN’s Sweeny Murti reported earlier in the day that the Mets met with Colon’s agent.
Seattle and Atlanta would also seem to be possibilities for the 40-year-old right-hander, who did not receive a qualifying offer from the A’s and thus will not require the loss of a draft pick.
Colon finished second in the AL with 18 wins and second with a 2.65 ERA in 190 1/3 innings last season. The teams that want him seem to prefer him for one year, but one will likely blink and offer him a two-year deal in the $20 million range.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)