Dec 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Intriguing, but it seems to me unlikely. Mostly because I have found it useful in life to go back to the idea that if people keep telling you that you should do something you weren’t already considering, it’s more in their best interests than yours. And there isn’t much out there suggesting that the White Sox were considering before now. If they are even considering it now.
If the Sox were to trade Sale, however, the return would have to be pretty darn impressive. Sale is under team control through 2019 and he isn’t too expensive for an ace. This past season he posted a 3.07 ERA and 226/46 K/BB ratio in 214.1 innings. And his future only looks brighter. If you trade that, you better get a Herschel Walker-type return.
In other news: hold many of you are too young to know what I’m talking about when I mention the Herschel Walker deal? I feel like that dates me even more than my references to vaudeville and stuff.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)