Dec 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Intriguing, but it seems to me unlikely. Mostly because I have found it useful in life to go back to the idea that if people keep telling you that you should do something you weren’t already considering, it’s more in their best interests than yours. And there isn’t much out there suggesting that the White Sox were considering before now. If they are even considering it now.
If the Sox were to trade Sale, however, the return would have to be pretty darn impressive. Sale is under team control through 2019 and he isn’t too expensive for an ace. This past season he posted a 3.07 ERA and 226/46 K/BB ratio in 214.1 innings. And his future only looks brighter. If you trade that, you better get a Herschel Walker-type return.
In other news: hold many of you are too young to know what I’m talking about when I mention the Herschel Walker deal? I feel like that dates me even more than my references to vaudeville and stuff.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)