Dec 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Intriguing, but it seems to me unlikely. Mostly because I have found it useful in life to go back to the idea that if people keep telling you that you should do something you weren’t already considering, it’s more in their best interests than yours. And there isn’t much out there suggesting that the White Sox were considering before now. If they are even considering it now.
If the Sox were to trade Sale, however, the return would have to be pretty darn impressive. Sale is under team control through 2019 and he isn’t too expensive for an ace. This past season he posted a 3.07 ERA and 226/46 K/BB ratio in 214.1 innings. And his future only looks brighter. If you trade that, you better get a Herschel Walker-type return.
In other news: hold many of you are too young to know what I’m talking about when I mention the Herschel Walker deal? I feel like that dates me even more than my references to vaudeville and stuff.
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 53
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 29
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (187)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)