Dec 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Intriguing, but it seems to me unlikely. Mostly because I have found it useful in life to go back to the idea that if people keep telling you that you should do something you weren’t already considering, it’s more in their best interests than yours. And there isn’t much out there suggesting that the White Sox were considering before now. If they are even considering it now.
If the Sox were to trade Sale, however, the return would have to be pretty darn impressive. Sale is under team control through 2019 and he isn’t too expensive for an ace. This past season he posted a 3.07 ERA and 226/46 K/BB ratio in 214.1 innings. And his future only looks brighter. If you trade that, you better get a Herschel Walker-type return.
In other news: hold many of you are too young to know what I’m talking about when I mention the Herschel Walker deal? I feel like that dates me even more than my references to vaudeville and stuff.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 14
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 33
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)