Dec 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
Intriguing, but it seems to me unlikely. Mostly because I have found it useful in life to go back to the idea that if people keep telling you that you should do something you weren’t already considering, it’s more in their best interests than yours. And there isn’t much out there suggesting that the White Sox were considering before now. If they are even considering it now.
If the Sox were to trade Sale, however, the return would have to be pretty darn impressive. Sale is under team control through 2019 and he isn’t too expensive for an ace. This past season he posted a 3.07 ERA and 226/46 K/BB ratio in 214.1 innings. And his future only looks brighter. If you trade that, you better get a Herschel Walker-type return.
In other news: hold many of you are too young to know what I’m talking about when I mention the Herschel Walker deal? I feel like that dates me even more than my references to vaudeville and stuff.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)