Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
This is Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval as he appeared last season.
This is Pablo Sandoval now, courtesy of a pic he posted on twitter this afternoon.
Now, the shirt is a kinda baggy. There’s probably still some flab hiding under there. But at the rate he’s going, there might not be for much longer.
It’s probably not a coincidence that Sandoval has finally committed to conditioning as he enters his walk year in 2014. He’s just going to be 27 next season, and he could be in line for a big payday if he puts up numbers like he did in 2009 (.330/.387/.556) or 2011 (.315/.357/.552). With the way he had been going, he was probably going to be viewed as a first baseman as a free agent. However, if he can keep himself in pretty good shape, he should be able to last at third for at least a few more years.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)