Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
This is Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval as he appeared last season.
This is Pablo Sandoval now, courtesy of a pic he posted on twitter this afternoon.
Now, the shirt is a kinda baggy. There’s probably still some flab hiding under there. But at the rate he’s going, there might not be for much longer.
It’s probably not a coincidence that Sandoval has finally committed to conditioning as he enters his walk year in 2014. He’s just going to be 27 next season, and he could be in line for a big payday if he puts up numbers like he did in 2009 (.330/.387/.556) or 2011 (.315/.357/.552). With the way he had been going, he was probably going to be viewed as a first baseman as a free agent. However, if he can keep himself in pretty good shape, he should be able to last at third for at least a few more years.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)