Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
This is Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval as he appeared last season.
This is Pablo Sandoval now, courtesy of a pic he posted on twitter this afternoon.
Now, the shirt is a kinda baggy. There’s probably still some flab hiding under there. But at the rate he’s going, there might not be for much longer.
It’s probably not a coincidence that Sandoval has finally committed to conditioning as he enters his walk year in 2014. He’s just going to be 27 next season, and he could be in line for a big payday if he puts up numbers like he did in 2009 (.330/.387/.556) or 2011 (.315/.357/.552). With the way he had been going, he was probably going to be viewed as a first baseman as a free agent. However, if he can keep himself in pretty good shape, he should be able to last at third for at least a few more years.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)