Dec 9, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
I was born (and raised) to post this:
The night before becoming Hall of Famers, Torre & La Russa bumped into John Mayer in Orlando. pic.twitter.com/TT3dXpWUsX
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) December 9, 2013
That meeting, while seemingly weird, will all make perfect sense some day. And when that meeting was over, all they ever did was say goodbye and then go slow dancing in a burning room. Who says unlikely friendships can’t work, anyway? What, you want those three men to be perfectly lonely? Maybe now they’ll become friends, lovers, or nothing.
I could keep doing this all day, honestly. But instead I’ll break away and stop this train.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45