Dec 9, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
I was born (and raised) to post this:
The night before becoming Hall of Famers, Torre & La Russa bumped into John Mayer in Orlando. pic.twitter.com/TT3dXpWUsX
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) December 9, 2013
That meeting, while seemingly weird, will all make perfect sense some day. And when that meeting was over, all they ever did was say goodbye and then go slow dancing in a burning room. Who says unlikely friendships can’t work, anyway? What, you want those three men to be perfectly lonely? Maybe now they’ll become friends, lovers, or nothing.
I could keep doing this all day, honestly. But instead I’ll break away and stop this train.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 0
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15