Dec 9, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
I was born (and raised) to post this:
The night before becoming Hall of Famers, Torre & La Russa bumped into John Mayer in Orlando. pic.twitter.com/TT3dXpWUsX
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) December 9, 2013
That meeting, while seemingly weird, will all make perfect sense some day. And when that meeting was over, all they ever did was say goodbye and then go slow dancing in a burning room. Who says unlikely friendships can’t work, anyway? What, you want those three men to be perfectly lonely? Maybe now they’ll become friends, lovers, or nothing.
I could keep doing this all day, honestly. But instead I’ll break away and stop this train.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20