Dec 9, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
I was born (and raised) to post this:
The night before becoming Hall of Famers, Torre & La Russa bumped into John Mayer in Orlando. pic.twitter.com/TT3dXpWUsX
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) December 9, 2013
That meeting, while seemingly weird, will all make perfect sense some day. And when that meeting was over, all they ever did was say goodbye and then go slow dancing in a burning room. Who says unlikely friendships can’t work, anyway? What, you want those three men to be perfectly lonely? Maybe now they’ll become friends, lovers, or nothing.
I could keep doing this all day, honestly. But instead I’ll break away and stop this train.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)