Dec 9, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
I was born (and raised) to post this:
The night before becoming Hall of Famers, Torre & La Russa bumped into John Mayer in Orlando. pic.twitter.com/TT3dXpWUsX
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) December 9, 2013
That meeting, while seemingly weird, will all make perfect sense some day. And when that meeting was over, all they ever did was say goodbye and then go slow dancing in a burning room. Who says unlikely friendships can’t work, anyway? What, you want those three men to be perfectly lonely? Maybe now they’ll become friends, lovers, or nothing.
I could keep doing this all day, honestly. But instead I’ll break away and stop this train.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 11
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 51
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 15
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 12
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)