Dec 10, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
Bengie Molina left his position as Cardinals assistant hitting coach to take a job on the Rangers’ coaching staff and now Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that David Bell will replace him in St. Louis.
Bell retired in 2006 after playing 12 seasons in the majors, including four years with the Cardinals, and has recently been managing at Triple-A in the Reds’ farm system. He just turned 41 years old and his father, Buddy Bell, managed in the majors for nine seasons.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)