Dec 10, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
Curtis Granderson was just formally introduced as the newest New York Met. And, having just left the employ of the New York Yankees, lobbed a bomb that you know the tabloids are going to run with like crazy:
“A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans”
Granderson is smart and funny and knows what he’s doing, and personally I think this is great fun. That won’t stop it from angering some folks, I assume. And of course it should play well next Subway Series.
Welcome to Queens, Curtis.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (160)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)